My previous diaper bag life
Previously, you could find these things in my diaper bag:
- Change of baby clothes*
- Baby blanket
- 2-3 disposable diapers*
- Insect repellant
- Small plastic garbage bags (for throwing away diapers or holding wet clothing)*
- Snacks for mom (and baby after 12 months)*
- Water bottle for mom (and baby after 6 months)
- My wallet and phone*
- Nursing cover
- Nursing pads
- Changing pad*
- Disposable waterproof changing sheet*
- Hand wipes and sanitizer
- Notepad and pen
- Organic baby hat*
- Sweater and sometimes a change of shirt for mom
- Baby toys*
- Baby book
- Folding potty seat (after 12 months)
Why is it I want to take enough supplies to get me through an entire day when I’m only going to the store for an hour? When did I ever even USE insect repellant?
I guess it’s the hassle of adjusting and packing differently depending on what I’m doing. I’d rather just have a bag stocked and grab it and head out the door. (Though it never really happens that way.)
My diaper bag plan next time around
If I were to follow a strategy of stocking only the basics in my diaper bag this time around, I’d only take the items above with an asterisk *. Some of the other things I might keep in a separate bag in the car for the rare times they’re needed.
But how long will it last until diaper bag overload creeps in again? Is it even possible to keep your diaper bag at a manageable weight?
What are YOUR absolute must-haves for your diaper bag?